I’ve been promising ladyhistory that I’d pick up the Mr. Washington Kindergarten teacher series again, so, this is me working on trying to get back to it!
(the t shirt is available here)
THIS IS ABSOLUTE PERFECTION I LOVE IT
E: You must know I could never leave him!
K: Of course, your father. I too have been giving it some thought.
E:He has spent the whole of my life terrified that this would happen… that I would be taken away from Hartfield. He could not bear it and I will not do it!
K: As i said, I have put my mind to a solution…
the feature that lets you know when your friend is typing has struck fear in the hearts of many lacking quick wit
"… and to you, if you have stuck with Harry until the very end."
Here’s to book seven. Here’s to the years of anticipation before it and the years of discussion in its wake. Here’s to the boy who lived and how he changed everything.
And here’s to you, if you know that “the very end” isn’t happening anytime soon.
everydayblatherings said: Once you get this you have to say 5 nice things about yourself publicly then send it to 10 of your favorite followers!
thank you darling! i got one of these yesterday too so i gotta think of 5 more things now hmmm let’s see
1. i’m really enthusiastic and cheerful all the time and a lot of people make fun of me for it but it’s one of my favorite things about myself
2. a certain young gentleman of my acquaintance came in 5th in the country at debate nationals last month, but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s lost to me 60% of the time in our own district cAN I GET A HELL YEAH
3. last year i wrote an angsty poem about my boy problems but inserted a presidential reference wherever a metaphor/simile would have normally gone (resulting in lines like “you ignored me as blithely as bush ignored facts”) and i performed it at a local poetry open mic and everyone LOVED it- i got the loudest applause of the night and random people gave me congratulatory hugs. i’m just really proud that i was able to write something that was real and funny and good enough to resonate with people and i still think about it sometimes when i’m sad
4. another writing story i’m proud of: one time i had to write a form letter asking various people if they’d be interested in speaking at a 5K that some pals (hi alexandra) and i were putting together, and we sent copies to some really big political names for the hell of it, and that is the story of how i discovered that i can write a good enough letter to get responses from stephen colbert, joe biden, and jimmy carter
5. i have excellent penmanship
I could add about 5,000 more. Love you ❤️
i love you more than richard henry lee loved virginia
i thought you were 5’3”
i recently discovered that i grew an inch I AM OFFICIALLY OF AVERAGE HEIGHT NOW
romanticcdaydreams said: Answer all the coffee/tea questions you haven't done yet ☺️
ALEXANDRAAAAAA IT’S BEEN LIKE FOUR DAYS AND I MISS YOU A LOT
lady grey: favorite outfit?
an oversized sweater, scarf, jeans, and boots
chamomile: comfort movie?
the 1949 version of little women is the #1 most comforting movie ever made this can be proved with science
peppermint: favorite holiday and why?
christmas because i just really love the season and the festivities and how everyone’s a little nicer to each other and most importantly starbucks’ holiday drinks
milk: do you have any allergies?
dust and animal dander
sugar: tell me about your first crush
my first legit crush was on this kid in my fifth grade class who was a kind-hearted, reasonably attractive math prodigy and i had been like HOT DAMN all year but never expressed my feelings and then on the last day of school we were playing this game to see how many kids could fit on one chair and he let me sit on his lap and i was mildly scandalized but also delighted and that is the story of how i got more action at age 10 than i do now
(for those of you who are curious, we went our separate ways the next year in middle school, but i was haunted by the thought of what could have been until approximately seventh grade)
honey: type out the last text you sent
to my pal justin: “okey pokey! I’M SORRY IF WE IMPOSED”
THANKS FOR ASKING OLD SPORT NOW COME BACK TO ME
Howard Slatkin’s Fifth Avenue dining room and library is just the greatest ever. Soak it in.
Anonymous said: Once you get this you have to say 5 nice things you like about yourself publicly then send it to 10 of your favourite followers!
aww thanks old sport!
1. i am very proud of my extensive knowledge about the personal lives of U.S. presidents and the fact that i am known in certain circles as “that girl who tells abraham lincoln stories at parties”
2. i am a 5’4” girl and played the tuba all four years of high school because i am a badass crusader against gender stereotypes
3. i really like my eyes because they’re really big and dark brown and that makes me feel like elizabeth bennet
4. i’m proud of myself for having enough credits from AP exams to skip all the 100-level classes in english at my college
5. i am a safe and responsible driver
themightyquinn99 said: Oolong, coffee, chai, and mug (and if dobra is not somewhat included for where crimes against humanity will ensue)
(i already answered oolong so i will take the liberty of skipping it)
coffee: surprise coffee ask! how do you take your coffee?
(alternate answer: iced with cream and sugar)
chai: what do you usually order at starbucks?
depends on how caffeinated i need to be- if i need caffeine i get an iced hazelnut macchiato, but if i’ve already had coffee that day i get an iced chai
mug: when/where do you normally drink tea?
either while reading a book at home or at dobra tea in portland while having deep life chats with pals and/or writing angsty slam poetry (there’s your dobra shoutout, kiddo)